More info on installing please

Nov 10, 2009 at 7:27 AM

I think ImageGen and Multi-thingy are installed fine. I actually use ImageGen on my site, so I know that is correct. 

From what I understand is in Node or page I want the Gallery to appear I enter the ID of the folder, lets say 1253 in the Media Picker created for that document type. Then I insert a Macro in the template that node uses and reference the same ID (1253). 

I've made the aliases the same for both the doctype thing as what is in the macro.

But this isn't working blows up on me with this.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   Designit.Umb.Gallery.WebUi.usercontrols.Designit.Gallery.ShowGallery.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +499
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +141
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

Coordinator
Nov 10, 2009 at 7:46 AM

You need runat="server" in your head section. Do you have that?

Nov 10, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Thank you for the quick reply.

I do not have runat="server" on its own anywhere. From what I see the other macros have it inline with the <umbraco Macro> itself.

So, does this whole macro need to be in the head section? I'm using nested templates so this would have to be site wide and I only want it to appear on one page.

Sorry for being such a drain.

Jose

Coordinator
Nov 11, 2009 at 8:47 AM
Edited Nov 11, 2009 at 8:48 AM

No, you only need to add the macro on the page where you need it. And it shouldn't be in your head section, but where the galley is shown.

But your head (in your master template) tag needs runat=server

<head runat="server">
</head>